Applications are currently invited from interested and eligible candidates to apply for Humboldt Research Fellowships 2023/2024 now open for researchers of all nationalities and research areas: The fellowship supports postdoctoral and experienced researchers with their research in Germany.
Researchers with above-average qualifications from across the globe receives sponsorship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation through the Humboldt Research Fellowship. As a fellow, you will benefit from individual support from the Humboldt Foundation and our diverse sponsorship portfolio.
|AT A GLANCE
|Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
|Research Institutions in Germany
|Up to €3,170 per year
|Number of Awards:
|Up to 500 awards per year
Eligibility Criteria | Humboldt Research Fellowships 2022-2023
The fellowship addresses post-doctoral researchers with above-average qualifications from across the globe – regardless of their field.
- Nationality: You are not a German national. If you are a German national, or if you obtained your university entrance qualification and university degree, or your university degree and your doctorate, in Germany, you can apply if you have lived and worked abroad for more than ten years and intend to continue doing so long-term.
- Stay: For your application to be successful, you may not have lived in Germany for longer than a total of six months within the 18-month period prior to submitting your application.
- Host’s Statement: A researcher from an academic institution of your choice in Germany will provide you with a mentoring agreement and written confirmation that research facilities are available, and will compile a detailed review for you.
- Other conditions: Expert reviews and Knowledge of German or English language is required, depending on your area of research.
The Humboldt Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice. Hosts may apply for a subsidy towards research costs.
- Post-docs: The monthly fellowship amount is €2,670 to last from 6 to 24 months.
- Experienced Researchers: The fellowship amount is €3,170 to last from 6 to 18 months
How to Apply: If you would like to apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship, please submit the necessary documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only. Click here to start application.
Application Deadline: Varies