The Agriculture Stream allows employers in Canada to hire Temporary foreign workers in agriculture-related activities such as Farmworkers, and fruit pickerswhen they cannot find Canadians for the position. Foreign workers must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. They will apply for a work permit. A temporary foreign worker (TFW) can work in a country for a limited period. For the “Agriculture Stream” Foreign workers from any country can apply.
The Agriculture Jobs in Canada do not require high qualifications. Anyone with a Primary or secondary education can apply. If they have been offered a Job from a Canadian employer the next step is to apply for the work permit. Many Employers in Canada hire workers under this stream. Both International and Canadian citizens can apply. More details are given below.
Hire a Temporary Foreign Worker Through Agriculture Stream
- Job Country: Canada
- Program Name: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program
- Who can Apply: Temporary Foreign Worker from any country
- LMIA: Yes Positive LMIA Approved
- Visa Type: Agriculture Worker
Also Check: Youth Congress in Canada 2024 (75 Fully Funded Seats)
What is the Agriculture Stream?
The Agriculture Stream is one of the streams under a “Temporary Foreign Agricultural Program” in which employers in Canada are allowed to hire Foreign workers from any country when Canadians are not available.
The Agriculture Stream allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary agricultural jobs. TFWs play a vital role in the Canadian agricultural sector.
Financial Benefits by the Canadian Employer/Company
According to the requirements of the Agriculture Stream. Employers who are inviting foreign workers on an Agriculture Stream will cover the following costs for the employee:
- Transportation: Employers must arrange and pay for the round-trip transportation of the TFW. This includes travel to and from their place of work in Canada and their country of residence.
- Housing: Employers must provide TFWs with adequate, suitable, and affordable housing.
- Health insurance: Health Insurance should also be covered by employers.
- Some Employers in Canada will train you also.
Eligible Occupations for Agriculture Stream
The following occupations are eligible under an agriculture Stream. The five-digit codes represent the occupation code.
- 80020: Managers in Agriculture
- 80021: Managers in Horticulture
- 82030: Agriculture and Farm Supervisors
- 82031: Ground Maintenance
- 84120: Machinery Operators
- 85100: Livestock Labourers (Known as Farm Workers)
- 85101: Harvesting (Vegetables, Fruit Picker)
- 85103: Nursery
Also Check: Canada Digital Nomad Visa 2024 (No Work Permit Required)
On the Agriculture Stream, your Work permit will be issued for 3 Years.
- Work permit application fee: CAD 150
- Biometrics fee: CAD 85 (if required)
Agriculture Jobs in Canada (LMIA Approved)
Hundreds of Jobs are advertised daily on the official website that is “Job Bank Canada”. From there you can apply for many jobs as much as you can for free of cost.
- Step 1: Visit the Website https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/findajob/foreign-candidates
- Step 2: Click on the Advanced.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and at the End Select the Option “Canadians and international candidates“
- Step 4: Scroll up again and in the Job title Write “85100”, or any other eligible code for the agriculture stream given above. All of these are verified.
- Step 5: Press Enter and click on View Results. This will list all types of Seasonal Jobs in Canada.
- Step 6: Open any Post, read their description, and apply online.
*Remember: If you are applying for the “Agriculture Stream For Temporary Foreign Workers“, you must search for a Job that is eligible in this stream. The Occupation Codes that are given above you search by codes on the Job Bank website.
If the employer offers you a position he/she will get in touch with you to assist you on how to apply for the Work permit. The next step is to apply online for the Canada Work Permit.
- Once you both are agreed and have all the documents you need to apply for a work permit.
- If you already have a Valid Canadian Visitor Visa, then read How to Convert Canada Visitor Visa into Work Permit