Portugese Job Seeker Visa for applicants who want to go to Portugal to look for a Job. The Portuguese Government has announced the Portugal Job Seeker Visa. For this Visa, you do not need to have a Job offer from Portugal. With this Visa, you can visit Portugal and look for employment or Job opportunities. Applicants from all around the world can apply for the Portugal Work Visa Without a Job offer.
The Portuguese Job Seeker Visa allows applicants to stay for 120 days. Later on, a Job seeker visa can be renewable for another 60 days and allows only one entry into Portugal. To Apply for the Portugal Job seeker Visa you must need to fulfill the general eligibility requirements and submit documents at the Portuguese embassy. The application process for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa is given below.
Details About Portugal Job Seeker Visa
- Job Country: Portugal
- Visa Type: Job Seeker Visa
- Who can Apply: Anyone
- Validity: 120 Days and then renewable for 60 days.
Do You need a Job offer for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
No, you do not need a Job offer to apply for a Portugal Job seeker Visa. This visa is a temporary visa that allows you to enter Portugal and search for a Job within 120 Days.
If you can find a job during this time, you can then apply for a residence permit.
If the applicant remains unsuccessful in finding a Job, the visa holder must leave the country.
Cost of Portugal Job Seeker Visa
- Check Updated Portugal Visa Feeses.
Documents Require for Job Seeker Visa
You must submit these necessary documents at the Portuguese embassy along with the application fee.
- National Visa application filled and duly signed by the applicant.
- A passport that is valid for 3 months at least.
- 2 Photos, even, passport-type, recent and in good condition
- Request for criminal record inquiry by the Immigration and Border Services (SEF) (Not applicable to minors under the age of sixteen)
- Criminal record certificate, issued by the applicant’s nationality or of the country.
- Valid travel insurance, covering necessary medical expenses.
- Copy of return ticket
- Proof of financial resources equivalent to at least the sum of three guaranteed monthly minimum salaries.
Processing Time Required
It can take up to 45 days to decide on your application. The processing time varies from country to country.
From Where to Get These Documents?
- National Visa Application: The National Visa application is available on the Portuguese Official website.
- Passport: You have a Passport, or make a new passport.
- Request for the criminal record: You can get this from the Portuguese Official website.
- Criminal record certificate: You can get this from your country (Clearance Certificate)
- Travel Insurance: You can get this from any travel agent, tell him to make medical, and travel insurance for Portugal.
To Apply for this Visa an applicant must be:
- You must be a non-EU national.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
- You must have a sufficient amount so that you can support yourself in Portugal during Job seeking.
- You must have health insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay in Portugal.
Who can Apply for the Job Seeker Visa?
This Visa allows all non-Europeans to seek employment opportunities in Portugal. This Visa does not require an employment offer in advance.
How to Apply for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa?
If you meet all of these requirements, you can apply for a Portugal job seeker visa at the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country.
You can Visit the Portuguese Embassy website of your home country and gather all the information. You can also email or call the Portuguese embassy and ask them about the Portugal Job seeker Visa process.
In most countries, VFS Global handles the applications for Portugal.
- Locating the Portuguese embassy, consulate, or visa application facility that is most convenient for you, like VFS Global.
- Here on VFS Global website Select your country, and the destination country, in this case, the destination country will be “Portugal”
- Then it will open a Page from there and select the Type of Visa. In this case, you need to select “Job Seeker”
- It will open a page where you will find all the information, requirements, required documents, visa fees, and forms regarding the Portugal Job Seeker Visa.
How to Enter Portugal Without a Job
Once you have been granted a Job seeker visa for Portugal then you will be able to enter Portugal and start your job search.
Once you have found a job, you can then apply for a residence permit from within Portugal.
Official Website for the Portugal Job Seeker Visa
To Apply and to know more about this Job seeker Visa. There is an official website from where you can get more information.
Benefits of Portugal Job Seeker Visa
- You can enter Portugal without a Job offer
- You do need to have to apply for a Job first.
- You can apply for this visa from your home country.
- You will be able to explore the Portuguese Job market.
- The Cost of a Visa is low.
Drawbacks of Portuguese Job Seeker Visa
- You need to leave Portugal after 120 days if you are not able to find a Job there.
- You need to book a return ticket as proof that you will come back if you are not able to find a Job
- You need to Pay for the Visa Fee
- You need to cover other expenses as well.