» » UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program for International Students in Japan
If you want to advance into a career in biology or related sciences, you must participate in this eight-week hands-on experience program – UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan. The program is organized by the University of Tokyo for the academic year 2023-2024. Advertisement
The scholarship programme especially promotes participation from students currently in the middle of their studies, having completed at least on year. International and Japanese students enrolled at UTokyo or other university or college of choice may apply. The applicants must have the needed language proficiency and demonstrated academic excellence to be considered. Accommodation, stipend, and travel costs will be awarded to the winners. Twenty winners will be announced.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Amazing offer to get educational fund at the University of Tokyo in Japan.
The University of Tokyo is a public research university located in Bunky, Tokyo, Japan. The university was established in 1877 and stood as the first Imperial University. UTokyo is a Top Type university of the Top Global University Project by the Japanese government also ranking 81stin Best Global Universities and 23rdin QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Tokyo? The University of Tokyo is a world-class platform for research and education that is also contributing to human knowledge through its partnership with globally leading institutes. The university aims to raise global leaders with a great sense of responsibility and to expand its boundaries through increased partnerships with society.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Tokyo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 250,000 JPY
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Japanese and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must apply for an undergraduate programme offered at the University of Tokyo or any other university or college awarding a bachelor’s degree.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a strong academic performance.
- The applicants must have good working knowledge in English.
- The applicants must have the interest to pursue PhD.
- The applicants must be undertaking scientific research.
- The applicants must have completed at least the first year of their UG studies at the time of the commencement of the program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications are to be submitted via the university portal. Applications to participate in the scholars’ program must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Portrait photo
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Academic transcript
- Consent form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university, typically a bachelor’s or master’s degree attained in a field relevant to the applied program.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (iBT) – 72
- IELTS – 5.5
- Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC – 1095
- TOEIC L&R – 785
- TOEIC S&W – 310
The students successfully selected by the University of Tokyo as winners of the program will be offered the following benefits:
- Near-campus accommodation, ideally a room
- A stipend worth 250,000 JPY
- Economy-class airline tickets for flights or round-trip train tickets for domestic students